Buying presents for people is easily one of the hardest parts about the festive season. What do you get for someone who has everything?
The answer is random stuff that people probably wouldn’t buy for themselves but that would be cool to have.
This year it was my responsibility to get all of our staff gifts and instead of making them personalised like we did last year, we opted to get 11 random gifts that they could choose and maybe swap if they wanted to.
I don’t know if you’ve been hanging around this blog long enough to notice, but I take stuff like this seriously – you won’t find body wash and lip gloss on this list – not on my watch!
Literally trawling the whole of Canal Walk for 6 hours to ensure I only got the best stuff was kind of exhausting, but so worth it at the end of the day. Finding something that would be appealing to the men in our office but also the women was hard! BUT I think I did an OK job at getting everything and everyone seemed chuffed with their gifts, so YAY!
SO basically what I’m saying is that I’ve done all the hard work so that you don’t have to.
Here’s 11 random things to give the random people in your life – and maybe the ones that aren’t so random too 😉
- An Adult Colouring Book and Art Pencils from Typo
- A mini Ping Pong set from Typo
- “Take It Easy” Towel and Sunblock from Clicks
- Bright White Hanging Lights from Typo
- 4 stacking Mugs in hipster Rabbit (there is also owls, badgers and bears) from Cape Arts and Crafts
- 3 wall art blocks (various pictures available) from the market currently happening at Pinelands High School
- Pretty scarf and earrings from the Pinelands High School Gift Market
- Hexagon Shelf and Hanging pot from the Pinelands High School Gift Market
- Can and Cup Picnic Holders from the Pinelands High School Gift Market
- Tea Assortment and Strainer from Woolworths
- Alarm clock from Mr Price Home and Pug Eye Cover from Typo
I hope that’s helped even just a little bit to figure out what to get Bob from Accounting (who you might have gotten as your Secret Santa this year)!
So go forth and happy shopping.
The voting phase for the South African Blog Awards are now open. If you really enjoy reading our blog and think that it’s your favourite parenting blog we’d really appreciate your vote. You can only vote ONCE though, so if you have another favourite blogger then please go and support them Here’s the link to go and vote!