I know we’ve been seeing Christmas wrapping and listening to Christmas music in the shops for ages now, but for us it still didn’t feel like Christmas. Well to me anyway. I actually can’t speak for my kids in this case, as they have been seeing Father Christmas in the most random of places. SO who knows what they think.
Nevertheless, we needed to turn our house into Christmas and it had to be done NOW. Seth jokes with me that I get a bit nuts about this stuff. And I know I do. It’s just that if we have a free day, I pounce on it much like I do a chocolate mince pie. Swiftly and leaving no mercy. And we just happened to have a free Sunday this past weekend and so I knew it was time for action.
Last year I surprised my family with a little Christmas Box. Man, I love it. Putting together random little things that I know they will get excited about is totes my vibe. So this year I obviously did the same but skipped the PJ’s (because I couldn’t find any nice ones… Christmas PJ’s can be all kinds of things, but I want them to at least have red and green on them. Not bright pink or blue which is all that I could find). And I added a cool van that is obvs not the same as Optimus but is too damn cute to pass up. I can just picture it in our campervan when we celebrate Christmas in it next year!
In this Christmas box is:
- Our stockings (and ones for the dogs)
- Chocolate and normal mince pies (from Woolies because they are the best!)
- Reindeer antlers (bought them for R20 each at Pick n Pay)
- New ornaments (that I bought on sale at the end of season last year – yes I plan that far ahead)
- Little chocolate Father Christmas’
- Our mini Optimus van (also Woolies)
- Christmas crackers (Woolies)
The idea was to put up the tree, eat the mince pies and watch a classic Christmas movie. We got as far as putting up the tree and smashing the mince pies!
We had to rush out and do other things so we couldn’t do the movie. And despite initially feeling a bit peeved about it, I had to throw my hands in the air and say whatever, because seriously Cindy?! Not everything is going to be perfect. In fact if the last 31 years have taught you anything it’s that it hardly ever turns out like it does in your head so just let it go girl.
Sorry. Sometimes I just need to give myself a pep talk.
Anyway, we had fun!
But that’s not where this post ends, because you know…. 10 Days of Giveaways and all that!
So thank you for reading all the way to the bottom and finding your surprise!
You know that I wear make up every single day of my life to hide my skin issues right?! But although it started as a bit of a mission in the beginning, I have grown to love it. There are a few products that I use religiously every single day. Those Almay gloss lipsticks are one of them. There’s always one or two different shades in my bag, another in my desk drawer and another in my make up bag at home. I really do use it a lot. I love that it gives colour without going over the top and really committing to a bright lipstick. Plus it seems to restore my lips. So if they are feeling particularly dry and cracked a couple of applications of this and it’s like it never happened.
Here’s your chance to win some and SO much more!!
WIN AN ALMAY HAMPER WORTH R2 000!
- You need to enter through the Rafflecopter widget below so that I have a way of tracking that.
- PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOU ACTUALLY DO ALL THE STEPS THAT YOU TICK OR YOU WILL BE DISQUALIFIED. Sorry to shout at you like that but apparently it’s necessary. Just play by the rules and stuff.
- You need to live in SA or have a South African delivery address
- If you have won a giveaway on 3 Kids, 2 Dogs and 1 Old House in the last 6 months, you may not enter
This Almay Hamper is our sixth 10 Days Of Giveaways prize on the blog. But so much more has been hiding on Facebook, Instagram stories and Twitter. Luckily there’s still more to come. If you want to make sure that you increase your chance of winning on all the other social platforms, make sure you follow along.