The Burning House – I came across this post on my Sister-In-Law’s blog a while ago (if you don’t already follow this gem, you totally should – she has a pash for fash and often finds these interesting things). It got me thinking about what on Earth I would make sure to get out of our burning house – besides my husband, kids and dogs of course.
What would you take?
I had to put in a lot of thought but finally decided on these, and here’s why:
- The girls 1st Birthday Paintings (Kyla’s and Riya’s) – I know I have the blog posts about it, but it’s just not the same if you don’t have the real thing.
- Sophie and Rosie. Because the girls would be totally lost without them and it would give them a bit of stability.
- My laptop – not because of work or anything silly like that – this laptop has ALL of our family photo’s EVER taken. I would cry many, many tears if these special memories got lost, even though some of them are on this blog there are over 2000 that don’t make it on that are still very special to me.
- Our camera – to take pictures of the burning house.
- My necklace that I got from Seth just because.
That’s all that I can think of. Clearly I am not too attached to anything in this house. I’m not sure it’s a good thing or a bad thing.
Sjoe, now I can rest in peace knowing that I would know what to grab should there be a fire. Although now I think I may be so concerned about getting this stuff out that I may not even attempt to put out the fire. But let’s be honest, I would probably make it worse anyway.
So if you had to grab some items if your house was on fire, what would you take?