We all know that women feel overwhelmingly passionate about many things.
Their man (or any man for that matter) deciding to grow the fuzz on their face is no exception to this. In fact, we’re quite opinionated on the topic, which is funny because it’s not our face. Sometimes it’s not even “our” man.
But yet there it is. You’ll find women who swoon at the sight of stubble and that have dedicated pinterest boards to facilitate staring at the gorgeous hairy men out there. Then there are others that want to run away at the thought of trying to find the lips hiding under the hair, or worse, finding other things hiding in there instead. Taking the saying, “Saving some for later” to the next level.
Personally? Well I think when you consider Seths current look, you’ll notice I don’t have a problem with it. In fact I err on the side of swooning whenever I see him – although that may not only be related to the beard. Besides it really suiting his face, style and all of that, I must say that I like the look of well crafted man hair. I like it so much that if I wasn’t living the bearded wife life, I may well have my own Pinterest board.
While I enjoy my man on the grizzly side, there are still Do’s And Don’ts Of Beardedness. You’d think it’s down to just not shaving it, but you’d be wrong…
- DON’T think you can just leave your chinny chin chin to run wild and free. That’s never attractive. Be prepared to look after and maintain your fluff.
- DO treat your beard the way that you treat the hair on your head or better. Make sure to wash and condition it but DON’T use regular store bought products. DO use the Beardworxs Shampoo Bar- made from plant based products which is organic and chemical free. (No surfactants in the shampoo that’ll break down the natural oils in the beard. It just leaves it squeaky clean!)
- DON’T try a goatee. A goatee is the mullet of facial hair and shouldn’t even be considered unless you work in the traffic department. I actually had a good giggle looking at all the various options one can try at the bottom of the Beardworxs site – my one that I love to hate is the Mutton Chops or even better – the Friendly Mutton Chops. Ha ha ha.
- DO use a mustache comb – it trains the hair to move to the side which helps with styling and keeping your woman happy.
- DON’T shave all the way up your neck to a perfect line around your jaw. It doesn’t slim it your face, it just makes you look weird. Stop it.
- DO embrace your grey hairs. DON’T be tempted to reach for the dye. Also, your hair colour and beard colour won’t necessarily match and that’s OK. This is especially prevalent with lighter haired individuals, but it’s not all bad news, just think about Sons of Anarchy’s Charlie Hunnam… Exactly. No problem at all.
So basically, if you’ve got the gift of fluff, make sure you look after it.
Seth has been growing his beard for over a year now and there was a time when it was bordering on awfulness. It was crackly and dry and scratchy. Not fun. He still looked hot, but the beard didn’t.
But since he’s taken a bit of time to look after it every day it’s made such a difference. I didn’t think I would ever refer to his beard as being lush, but there you go. I think it looks lush. Using the beard oil and beard shampoo have made all the difference. It’s definitely lost all they dry crackle and split ends that it used to have. Also, my face is not harassed when we get up close and personal anymore – win-win.
Plus my husband may be a nut, and I love it.
In an effort to help you (or the hairy man in your life), we are going to help you keep the fuzz under control. So today:
We are giving away a Beardworxs hamper.
This includes the static free comb (engraved with words of your choice), an oil and a shampoo worth R360.
All you need to do to enter to win the R360 Bearworxs Starter Hamper is comment below and tell me something about being hairy – your favourite style/your least favourite style/a joke etc.
(Random.org is still the way the winner is chosen – the prize is not the cleverest or wittiest comment but I love to be entertained reading it)
This time around I will give one extra entry if you do any one of the following:
- Follow 3 Kids, 2 Dogs and 1 Old House and Beardworxs on Facebook
- Follow 3 Kids, 2 Dogs and 1 Old House and Beardworxs on Twitter
- Share the post on Facebook
- Share the post on Twitter
Please leave this as an extra comment and tell me where you have shared it/what you have done.
So if you have left your first comment AND done one of the four things – make sure that you have left TWO separate comments.
Competition closes on Wednesday night – the 28th of January 2015.
If you don’t want to wait to win and would rather get your hands on your Beardworxs products now, you can find them at Café Barber in Durban, Barnet Fair in Cape Town, Blokes in Cape Town and The Mens Club in Knysna or order through their website.
The three main products are:
- Beard oil – Each essential oil is specifically chosen for it’s individual properties like anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial. So as to promote or growth and health. Beard oil can be used on the five o’clock shadow to the full epic beard. It’s a natural organic way to keep the skin and hair moisturised and healthy. It prevents things like beard flakes, itchiness and scratchy/hard hair. We have blended the oils in such a way that the scent doesn’t hang on your face all day long like some of the other oils available! There are 3 options available:
- Base Oil is made from a blend of argan, jojoba and grapeseed oil.
- The Hipster which has a blend of bergamot and pine needle essential oils.
- Mountain Man has a blend of eucalyptus, pine needle and sweet orange.
- Shampoo Bar – Made from plant based products which is organic and chemical free. (No surfactants in the shampoo that’ll break down the natural oils in the beard. It just leaves it squeaky clean!)
- Moustache Wax– made from a blend of a 100% natural bees wax and coconut oil and a secret blend of essential oils. This wax washes clean out with some hot water and doesn’t leave a wax build up. The more you apply the stronger it gets but we have made this wax to make your moustache look natural but keep it out of the kissing zone!
The perfect gift that you can engrave with something personal.