We’re in the throws of Award Season and I’m not only referring to the celebs who are dying to get their hands on the next Oscar, but to many of us bloggers too.
So maybe I haven’t ever won any of the awards given out by any of the South African platforms that recognise the effort that it takes to write a blog, but that’s OK.
When you’re plodding along doing your own thing it’s great, but trying to “compete” (I use that term loosely because it’s not a competition) against the likes of Rattle and Mum or Living Lionheart or You, Baby and I or Making Mountains or any of the other talented women out there, I am not at all surprised that I don’t make the cut.
But gosh darnit, when I get given an award I’m going to celebrate it. So thank you to Daniel and Tasco for nominating me for the Liebster Award.
Liebster Award Rules:
- Thank and link the person who nominated you.
- Answer the questions given by the nominator.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers, who have less than 200 followers and link them. (I have a few more than that, but like I said, I’m not one to stick my nose up at an award so…)
- Create 11 new questions for the nominees to answer
- Notify all nominees via social media/blogs.
Here are the answers to my questions:
- Why did you start your blog? I thought it would be a great place to capture our memories as a growing family and a place to work out thoughts/feelings/hardships that come with parenting.
- If you could pack a bag right now and get on a plane to any where in the World where would it be and why? Currently my sister in law and her hubby are touring the World for a year. I can’t tell you how much I am dying of jealousy. I would LOVE to do the same thing, but would happily start with visiting Italy first. I want to stay for at least a month, live in all different types of accommodations, eat at all kinds of places and just enjoy every possible bit of it.
- And who would you take with you? No brainer – Seth would be the only one that I’d want to go with.
- If you could choose someone to give a super power to, who would it be and what power would it be? Sleep would be the power and I’d give it to any/all of my kids.
- What’s your dream job? I’m kind of living my dream job right now – an Operations Director at my own insurance broker, not everyones dream but I’m loving it.
- What’s the worst book you have ever read? I can’t even remember, if I’m not gripped by the second chapter I stop reading because ain’t no one got time for a bad book.
- What’s your biggest fear and why? That Seth will die, or I will die or my kids will die. I’m not ready for that. I don’t know if I will ever be.
- Do you have any life-changing moments? I’m sure I’ve had a lot but I can’t think of any off the top of my head. I think moving forward with Seth instead of listening to a few jealous friends would be one of them.
- What’s your least favorite food? Anything that still looks like it did when it was alive. Prawns just freak me out.
- What’s the must-visit spot around your hometown? Yes there’s Table Mountain and yes there’s the beaches and yes there’s like another 100 tourist spots that you can visit, but if I have a free morning my favourite way to spend it is visiting a new coffee shop for breakfast.
- Where do you see yourself in ten yours time? Almost turning 40 and hopefully having that chance to visit Italy and many other places.
Now here are some questions for you (I stole the first 4 from our church Young Adults group):
- Would you rather have a head as big as a tennis ball or as big as a watermelon?
- Would you rather have fingers as long as your legs or legs as long as your fingers?
- Would you rather live inside the world of Jurassic Park or the Walking Dead?
- Would you rather fight a duck the size of a horse or 20 duck size horses?
- Would you rather tattoo your face only or every other inch of your body except your face?
- Would you rather spend spend 24 hours in a room that’s blindingly lit in white light or in a room so dark you can’t even see your hand?
- Would you rather be the wife of and live in the time of Ragnar Lothbrook (from Vikings) or with Jax Teller (from Sons of Anarchy)?
- Would you rather have no knees or no elbows?
- Would you rather be incredibly rich and not so easy on the eyes or an absolute stunner with no money?
- Would you rather say everything that crosses your mind out loud or never speak again?
- Would you rather want to be able to look into the future whenever you want to but not be able to change anything or go back to the past and change something?
Righty-O… Now here are my Nominee’s – they were chosen because they all happen to have booked their tickets to the #CTMomBlogMeet – what a great way to get to know them right? (If you don’t want to do it, no stress.)
- Caffeine and Fairydust
- Cupcake Mummy & Fysh
- Hayley’s Joys
- A Thing Of Beauty
- What Happened To My Body
- Surviving The Madness
- The Milk Memoirs
- Perfectly Normal Life
- Between Daydreams
- Nikki and Nicholas
- Red Lips and Darling Adventures
- Life and Time of the Fireflies
Also as you can see that means there are only 4 tickets left!