Oh hello! Fancy meeting you here.
You’ve forgotten who I am? Me too. They say I’ve just been wondering around aimlessly, answering to “Mom”, “Mommy” and occasionally “Mother” when I’m in trouble. Making food, cleaning up, making more food, giving up.
Our holiday was freaking awesome! I managed to not even open my laptop once in 3 weeks and the World is still standing. Yes there is a ridiculous back log of emails, but I’m going to say it was worth it. Spending that time off screen and engaged with my little people was such food for the soul this holiday.
Seth actually ended our last night of holiday by saying something like, “It was good getting to know you again” and it’s so true. We don’t spend nearly enough time together in the usual hustle and bustle of life and it was so good to just be together, not even doing anything, just being.
The crazy thing is that I didn’t miss it. Not even a little bit. In fact with all the rage on social media recently and just meditating on my blog (as I do) – what I want from it, what I want to share, how I want to engage – I’ve considered not starting the blog again. I felt so light and free having been disconnected for so long. But then I opened my laptop and my fingers have literally been itching to start tapping away at the keys. So I have missed it. Subconsciously. A lot. This little blog is my 4th baby and I’d be at a loss without it. But like any good parent, it’s OK to a date night every now and then – it’s also OK to give blogging a break.
So happy new year lovely people! I hope you will enjoy this new year with us as we continue to share on this space. Also I hope to hear more from you too, I mean I enjoy spurting words onto blank space, but it’s even better getting some of your words back in response.
Here’s a little catch up of what we’ve been doing – starting with our away holiday to Ceres.
As is becoming our custom – we went away with our good friends, the Finkohns and had a lovely time at Petervale in Ceres. Perfect weather and a perfect setting. We swan, we fished, we ate watermelon, we braaied, we wined, we laughed, we shared, we hiked and we just enjoyed being disconnected.
Like what you’ve read here? That’s flipping awesome – feel free to share it with your friends. Also come hang out with me on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram where you can find us a whole lot of this – just shorter.
Other places that we have visited around the Western Cape of South Africa:
- Paternoster – Holiday vacation with the whole family – 11 people in one house, fun fun.
- Swellendam – This was such a great place, need to go back in Summer ?
- McGregor – If I could move anywhere, this would be it!!
- Paternoster – At Gelukkie, a two night getaway without our kids
- Stellenbosch – I love it there!!
- Houw Hoek Inn – I’ve lost count of the amount of times we’ve been there, in fact the kids go there for a night every holiday (with their Grandparents)! Another time we were there.
- Hermanus – Also a regular holiday spot.
- Grabouw – If you’re going there you need to stay at the Old Mac Daddy
- We also went to Ceres and that was amazing – one of my most memorable holidays.