Guys I’m sorry. I have to confess something.
I’ve been holding out on you.
The thing is, I know some of you share my hearty dislike for regular cooking and even though I’ve had a solution for months now, unless you’ve been following along on Instagram or Twitter, you probably don’t know about that. So let me stop hiding my secret and share it with you.
I don’t know about you, but I’m not an adventurous cook. In fact I’m the opposite of that. I don’t use spices I don’t know or like, I don’t experiment and I certainly don’t try new recipes. Why? Well it’s a combination answer. Part of it’s because it’s really not my passion and then it’s mostly because my kids just don’t appreciate the effort. And there is NOTHING worse than slaving away on something new for a couple of hours only to have them pull faces when I put it down in front of them.
Plus, I don’t know about you, but it takes a lot of planning for me to have all the ingredients I need readily available to make healthy meals during the week. It means that I need to shop on the weekend, but make sure that nothing expires before I need to use it. And no matter how much I try, I inevitably end up chucking stuff that’s gone vrot in the fridge. It’s actually really upsetting throwing money away like that.
So we’ve been rethinking dinner and trying out a range of The Flying Pan meals over the last couple of months and I think we’re hooked. Now I don’t have to plot and plan what we’re eating, shop for all the ingredients and spend the time making it. Instead I can actually help my kids with all their homework and even get in a spot of reading before dinner! It’s great!
The meals range from R60 – R68 per meal, so when you take into account that there’s no delivery fee (depending on your area, that you haven’t had to go shopping or actually even make it yourself) you’re freaking winning.
I even order extra on some days (CURRY MONDAYS are the bomb shizzle – the cape malay curry is freaking divine!) so that I can take it to work with me for lunch the next day. One day I happened to be warming it up in the micro when one of my colleagues and I started chatting about the service that the Flying Pan provides and now she’s converted too. It’s hard not to love it!
How do you use The Flying Pan?
- First you hop onto their website and check out their menus. They have a selection of Classic (includes carbs), Vegetarian and Low Carb (banters this is for you). The menu shows the meals for a week so you can order in advance. Every day there is a new, freshly prepared meal to order.
- Check that you fall into one of their delivery areas (They deliver between 10am and 3pm everyday – so even if you live outside of the delivery area, if you work in one you can still order).
- Create your account and fill it with all your details.
- Make sure you order before 11am to ensure that you get your meal the next day.
- Pay with debit/credit card, EFT, Cash on Delivery or SnapScan
- ENJOY not having to cook while filling your tummy with a delicious, nutritious meal.
But that’s not all.
There’s another thing that I love about the Flying Pan.
I don’t know about you, but I have friends popping out babies on the regular. And while I would LOVE to make them a home cooked meal to ease their load in those first few weeks, it’s often impossible for me to actually do. I guess it’s a combination of having three kids, extra murals and all the rest that comes with it. The sad truth is that it results in a serious lack of time which means that even though I really want to help out, I don’t get around to it. So instead, we’re now ordering delicious Flying Pan meals for these friends to enjoy. I really think its the perfect baby shower gift (they do gift cards!)
Have you tried the Flying Pan? What did you think?