Today marks exactly 50 days until we head out on our much anticipated adventure. It’s such a nice round number that you’d think I planned it like this, but in fact I’m just as pleasantly surprised as you are. At the roundness of the number. Not how little days are left because that’s a shocker. 50 days are going to fly by real quick. Too quick. Flip.
What this really means for me, aside from frantic planning, plotting and prepping, is that we are closer to leaving our 2 Dogs and 1 Old House behind. We’ve made so many memories in this old house in the last 5 years and even though we’re not selling it, when we come back we will be changed people. The way we look at things, experience things and just deal with things will have changed. Our dogs will be a year older when we come back too. Time will have passed. Our reality will have dramatically shifted.
I am a stickler for trying to capture memories. It’s what this blog is all about actually. It’s why my kids are so used to having a camera pointed in their faces. A picture really does capture a thousand words and tells a story of a time and experience that words often fail to do. From the look between siblings while they’re ripping off their parents, or the snuggle moment between mother and son or the wide eyes of a child trying to copy their dad. Photos tell that story better than anything.
So now with this pivotal moment in our lives I want to remember what life is like right now. What makes our family happy in our own every day space. What our every day space even looks like. From that red plastic chair that has spent half its life upside down to the dogs staring out the window, barking intensely at some imagined bad guy. And maybe even be present in those pictures instead of behind the camera.
When Tabitha from Grand Little Adventure got in touch with me about working together, I was interested. Then she told me that although she has been a wedding photographer for ages, she was branching out to capture more of lifes moments. That her new focus is capturing families in the hustle and bustle of the every day normal life they lead, in their own special space – their homes. And then guys, then I was SOLD.
I did a quick squiz at the type and style of photography that got Tabs up and passionate every morning and I fell in love. It’s the kind of moment capturing that I only aspire to be able to do one day when I’m big.
We spent about an hour one Saturday morning chatting to Tabs while the kids excitedly showed her around every space in the house. I swear the are one more chat away from inviting her to live with us. They warmed up to her so quickly they wouldn’t let her leave. And I don’t know if you have had any experience with trying to take pictures of a little person, but that is basically a must. It’s impossible otherwise.
And in between all the chatting and just carrying on with normal things we get up to on a Saturday (save for us being in the play house with the kids), Tabs snapped away. I really adore the pictures and the moments that she captured. So extremely special.
(I love how scared Spartan looks in this picture hahaha. He’s like, “Why am I getting all this attention?! Something must be wrong.”)
Now I just want to make something clear. This is not the type of photo shoot that you only book before you jump into a campervan to travel South Africa for a year. Although it’s not a bad time to do it either.
This is the type of shoot that you book with Grand Little Adventure for a multitude of reasons. Here’s a few to consider…
- MOTHER’S DAY – I cannot imagine a better gift to arrange for Mother’s Day. Actually getting Mom in the pictures will be so appreciated by every Mom out there. So Dads that still haven’t figured out how to spoil the Mom in your life, this is it.
- MOVING HOUSE – You’re about to move house and want to capture some special memories in your old house before you pack up. I can’t think of a better house warming present for your new place than one of these framed pictures on your wall. (Not of us, obvs. Of you and your family having the very best time ever).
- KEEPING THE MEMORIES ALIVE – You don’t need to be moving to want to capture the slice of life that you are in right now. You will look back at these pictures for years to come and still enjoy them.
And guys, you’ll want to book in May. Let me tell you why… Grand Little Adventure has partnered with Giggle and Co who make the most divine wooden toys and nursery decor that will leave Pinterest drooling. Which means that for every booking made in MAY you will receive a R400 voucher to spend at Giggle and Co!
That’s our little secret, so don’t miss out and book now.
WIN A FAMILY PHOTO SHOOT WITH GRAND LITTLE ADVENTURE!
If you’re new to this entry situation of if you are using your phone, let me give you a heads up. First comment on the blog post, then go through the Rafflecopter widget to confirm that you have done that. Then it should be easy peasy lemon squeasy to enter. Good luck!
- You need to enter through the Rafflecopter widget below. Like you have to. No other option. It just makes things fair you know?
- Leaving a comment on the blog and confirming this through the Rafflecopter widget gets you one entry. The rest are optional but encouraged.
- The prize cannot be exchanged for cash or anything else
- You need to live in the Cape Town area and be free to do the shoot at a time that suits both parties
- PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOU ACTUALLY DO ALL THE STEPS THAT YOU TICK OR YOU WILL BE DISQUALIFIED. Sorry to shout at you like that but apparently it’s necessary. Just play by the rules and stuff.
- If you have won a giveaway on 3 Kids, 2 Dogs and 1 Old House in the last 6 months, you may not enter. We need to spread the love, not hog it.
Now let me share some more of our special moments with you. Our 3 Kids, 2 Dogs and 1 Old House all in one shoot – perfection.