You know, it might seem like living in a van for almost a year was just a flash in the pan in the greater scheme of life. And maybe it is. Well, actually, having been back in real life for 3 months I can confirm it really was just a blip in the larger scheme of life. But even though we have gone back to normal life, we are no means unchanged.
Part of our trip was learning to live with less in pretty much every aspect of our day to day – from general space, to personal space, to stuff, to books, to connections, to clothes. We purged SO much stuff and then had to make do with our little nooks of cupboard space that were so small that when I first saw them I had a full on moment. And then another one. And then I eventually regathered myself and realised that I could do this, despite what my initial reactions were.
Flip, kids are hectic. Especially when their lounge is actually the big outdoors or wherever we happened to park that night. We learned very early on that it was only the really good quality clothing that could make the cut. Pretty much everything else got so holy it could have been Swiss cheese. The only items of clothing that stood the test of time were the items that weren’t bought elcheapo at the closest chain store.
That’s why I am glad that Rookie USA now have an online store. Making it easy and accessible for you to stock up on those good quality items from Nike, Converse, Jordan, Hurley and Levi’s.
And good news, for all of yáll who are as Converse verskrik as I am, you can get your kids a pair on Rookie USA now too! Twinning!
WIN A ROOKIE USA VOUCHER WORTH R2 500
If you’re new to this entry situation or if you are using your phone, let me give you a heads up. First comment on the blog post (by going to Rookie USA HERE and telling me which item will be first on your to buy list), then go through the Rafflecopter widget to confirm that you have done that. Then it should be easy peasy lemon squeasy to enter. Good luck!
- You need to enter through the Rafflecopter widget below. Like you have to. No other option. It just makes things fair you know?
- Leaving a comment on the blog and confirming this through the Rafflecopter widget gets you one entry. The rest are optional.
- The prize cannot be exchanged for cash or anything else
- You can check out the website to ensure that they will cater for your childs size.
- PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOU ACTUALLY DO ALL THE STEPS THAT YOU TICK OR YOU WILL BE DISQUALIFIED. Sorry to shout at you like that but apparently it’s necessary. Just play by the rules and stuff.